Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Ask for These!

"Give ear to my words, O Lord,
Consider my meditation.
Give heed to the voice of my cry,
My King and my God,
For to You I will pray. (Psalm 5:1-2)

As we continue to learn about prayer, there are three important elements that we should incorporate into our intercession. We all should ask that we and other believers:

May increase in the knowledge of God. By knowing more about Jesus and drawing closer to Him, we will catch a greater vision of God, and as a result, will love Him. This passage is essentially a prayer to help us obey His Word, because those who love Him keep His commandments (John 14:15).

May be strengthened and sustained with the power of God. The church is weakened any time we attempt to do something in our own strength. Our most successful efforts come not by power or might, but by God's Holy Spirit (Zechariah 4:6). His peace and presence are required if we are to live victoriously, regardless of circumstances.

May give thanks of His salvation. We have qualified as saints of God because - and only because - He has qualified us. He chose us. He sent His Son to die for us. He gave us the gift of faith. He forgave us. He redeemed us. He reconciled us. He justified us. He is sanctifying us. And He will glorify us. Our part is to thankfully obey Him and live for Him every single day.

Lord, I pray that I will increase in  knowledge and be strengthened and sustained by Your power ... I thank You for my salvation. Amen

~Charles Stanley~

No comments:

Post a Comment