Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Gracious Invitation

Life On the Highest Plane

God not only provided a Saviour for every sinner but He has through the Gospel sent forth an invitation to those "of every tongue, and people, and nation" to accept His gift, to partake of His feast, to inherit His riches, to share the blessings of His heavenly home.

His infinite grace, His tender love, His compassionate mercy, have made room for all. He declares that none are too good to come, for if they are, the salvation provided for them in Christ is useless, and that none are too bad for salvation would thereby be proved ineffectual. Not one who has put his trust in the shed blood of the Savior, however long he has lived in sin or however deep into it h has sunk or however crimson is its stain upon his life, will be turned away from the Father's heart or home. To the weary and heavy laden; to the hungry, thirsty and poor; to the wandering and the wayward; the loving Father says, "come unto me."

Matthew 11:28, "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

Isaiah 55:1, "Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy and eat, yes, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price."

John 7:37, "In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink."

John 6:37, "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me: and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."

Dear reader, are you still among the number who have not accepted God's gracious invitation to come unto Him? Are you troubled, perplexed, anxious, restless? Christ says, "Come unto me, for in me ye may have peace."

Are you unhappy, discontented, and dissatisfied, and is your heart devoid of joy? Christ says, "Come unto me, my joy shall remain in you that your joy may be full."

Does life seem intolerable to you because of its burdens, its sufferings, its tribulations? Christ says, "Come unto me, in the world ye shall have tribulation but I have overcome the world."

Are you discouraged by the repeated temptation at the same vulnerable spot which you are utterly powerless to resist? Christ says, "Come unto me, and in me ye shall be more than conquerors."

Is your heart filled with an insatiable hunger which no one and no thing has ever been able to satisfy? Christ says, "I am the bread of life, he that cometh to me shall never hunger."

Is your soul parched with a thirst that you have tried to quench in a thousand ways and have failed? Christ says, "If any man thirst, let him come unto me and drink."

Is your path strewn with disappointments, afflictions, trials, and does the road ahead seem to be dense darkness? Christ says, "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

Are you terrified at the sin stains on your soul and doubt if ever they can be removed? Then the Saviour says, "Only come unto me, though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."

Do you really wish to be free from sin, to end the despotic rule of self, and to sever your partnership with satan? You may come out of this threefold bondage into the glorious liberty and the bounteous inheritance of a son and heir of God if you will avail yourself of God's gracious invitation. Christ Jesus is able to save you to the uttermost of your sin and to satisfy you to the uttermost of your need. The first step out of the natural into the spiritual is such a very simple one that even a little child may take it for it i just the choice of God's Son instead of you sin; it is the personal acceptance of God's wondrous gift of a Saviour.

"Out of my bondage, sorrow, and night,
Jesus, I come, Jesus, I come;
Into Thy freedom,gladness and light
Jesus, I come to Thee.
Out of my sickness into Thy health,
Out of my want and into Thy wealth,
Out of my sin and into Thyself,
Jesus, I come to Thee."

The Response of Faith - The Bridge Crossed

Man has had nothing whatever to do with the building of the bridge of salvation. That was God's work and His alone. God furnished both the material and the workmanship by which this wondrous bridge was builded. "By grace ye are saved."

Titus 2:11, "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men."

2 Timothy 1:9, "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace which was given us in Christ before the world began."

~Ruth Paxson~

(continued with # 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment