Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Word of Encouragement



I want you to look today at a passage of Scripture that helps guide us in what to say, who to say it to, and when and how to say it.  Isaiah 50:4-5,

"The Lord GOD has given Me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary.  He awakens Me morning by morning, He awakens My ear to hear as the learned.  The Lord GOD has opened My ear; and I was not rebellious, nor did I turn away."

First, we need to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit.  He will teach us how to speak a word in season to the person who is weary.  As it says, He will awaken our ear.

Jesus made it very clear in Matthew, chapter 10 verses 19-20, that the Holy Spirit is quite able to give us the right words to say at the right time.  In Isaiah 51:16, God says, "I have put My words in your mouth."  In Isaiah 57:19, He says, "I create the fruit of the lips."

Chances are there is someone in your world today who needs to be given a word of encouragement.  The key is being sensitive and available.  Sometimes we are so embroiled in our own struggles that we don't even give a thought to the fact that there may be someone around us who needs encouragement…a coworker, a neighbor, your spouse, your child.
I personally think our children need to be given encouragement every day.  Like the little boy said, "Daddy, let's play darts.  I'll throw, and you say ‘Wonderful!'"  Children crave affirmation and encouragement.

There is someone who you either have contact with now, or you will have contact with, who needs encouragement.  And you are God's messenger.  

~Bayless Conley~

No comments:

Post a Comment