Total Pageviews

Friday, July 4, 2014

To Please Him


And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him.” John 8:29


Jesus is a man who came from His Father to do those things that always please Him. And because of Jesus' obedience to His Father, His Father became our Father. It has bothered me to think that it pleased the Father to send Jesus to the cross. When I think of love, I do not want to equate it with suffering. But my perspective remains earthbound. God did not equate the cross with suffering as much as the cross was equated to glorification. The cross glorified the Son in restoring and bringing everything back under the authority of Christ. The cross brought salvation to us. As a result, we too suffer on earth for the greater call of glorification for eternity.

Because of Jesus' death, we can say with confidence that the Father has not left us alone. He has given us His Holy Spirit to intercede for us, counsel us, teach us and comfort us. We are never alone. But Jesus' words tug on my heart the most when He said, "I always do those things that please Him." Oh, how I pray that I can live a life that pleases Him. To hear Him so clearly, and know Him so dearly that nothing distracts or takes away from the call to please Him is the cry of my heart. Suffering becomes less and less the focus as my desire to please Him becomes more and more.

Oh Lord Jesus, You are my Savior and Lord but you are also my example. I want to be like You to please You. Let the things of earth become strangely dim in the light of Your glory and grace as I daily seek Your face. Amen.

~Daily Disciples Devotional~

No comments:

Post a Comment