Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 26, 2015

O How Strange!


O how strange--that God should love a worm, a dung-hill worm!
(The following is an excerpt from the diary of James Smith)

If some of my congregation knew me better--they would love me less!
Yet my heavenly Father . . .
  knows me well,
  favors me much,
  and loves me wonderfully!
O how strange--that God should love a worm, a dung-hill worm--one who . . .
  was bred in sin,
  loved sin,
  felt at home in sin, and
  at times felt regret that he was debarred from some sins!
O if God had left me to myself--what would I have been, and what would I have done!
But by the grace of God--I am what I am!" 1 Corinthians 15:10

Surely, surely, I must say, that divine love and wisdom have planned my path--from first to last.
I am . . .
  out of Hell,
  on the way to Heaven,
  employed by God,
  useful to saints, and
  a blessing to sinners! O how wonderful, how wonderful is this!

No comments:

Post a Comment