Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Rejoicing In Hope (and other devotionals)


Rejoicing in hope.

The hope which is laid up for you in heaven. - If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. - We must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God. - Whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me cannot be my disciple. - No man should be moved by these afflictions, for yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto.

Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. - The God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. - Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. - Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom though now ye see him not, yet believing. ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory. - By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

ROM. 12:12. Col. 1:5. I Cor. 15:19. Acts. 14:22. Luke 14:27. I Thes. 3:3. Phi. 4:4. Rom. 15:13. I Pet. 1:3. I Pet. 1:8. Rom. 5:2.

EVENING

I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me.

I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil. - My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

How precious ... are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee. - LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep. - Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward.

Not many mighty, not many noble, are called. - Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom? - Having nothing, and yet possessing all things. - The unsearchable riches of Christ.

PSA. 40:17. Jer. 29:11. Isa. 55:8,9. Psa. 139:17,18. -Psa. 92:5. -Psa. 40:5. I Cor. 1:26. -Jas. 2:5. II Cor. 6:10. Eph. 3:8.

~Samuel Bagster~

__________________________


Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.

The LORD is a God of knowledge, and by him, actions are weighed. - That which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God. - The LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart. - Be not deceived, God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the spirit reap life everlasting.

What is a man profited if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? - What things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts. - Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing.

DAN. 5:27. I Sam. 2:3. -Luke 16:15. -I Sam. 16:7. -Gal. 6:7,8. Matt.16:26. -Phi. 3:7. Psa. 51:6. -Psa. 17:3.

EVENING

Christ the firstfruits.

Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. - If the firstfruit be holy the lump is also holy : and if the root be holy, so are the branches. - Now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. - If we have been planted together in the likeness of his death we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection. - The Lord Jesus Christ ... shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

The firstborn from the dead. - If the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken our mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.

I COR. 15:23. John 12:24. -Rom. 11:16. I Cor. 15:20. Rom. 6:5. Phi.3:20,21. Col. 1:18. -Rom. 8:11. John 11:25.

~Samuel Bagster~

___________________________


He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.

Thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods and have need of nothing: and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked. I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore and repent.

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. - When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the LORD will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them. - I am the Lord thy God ... open thy mouth wide and I will fill it.

Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness. - I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

LUKE 1:53. Rev. 3:17-19. Matt. 5:6. Isa. 41:17. -Psa. 81:10. Isa. 55:2. -John 6:35.

EVENING

My feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped.

When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up.

The Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: but I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not.

A just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again. - Although he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.

Rejoice not against me, O my enemy: when I fall, I shall arise: when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me. - He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee.

If any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. - Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

PSA. 73:2. Psa. 94:18. Luke 22:31,32. Prov. 24:16. Psa. 37:24. Mic. 7:8. Job 5:19. I John 2:1. Heb. 7:25.

~Samuel Bagster~

_____________________________


Be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind.

Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil.
Know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
What fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what com-munion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? - Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. The world passeth away, and the lust thereof, but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
In time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience. - Ye have not so learned Christ; if so be that ye have heard him, ... as the truth is in Jesus.
ROM. 12:2. Exo. 23:2. Jas. 4:4. II Cor. 6:14-16. I John 2:15,17. Eph. 2:2. Eph. 4:20,21.

EVENING

Man goeth forth unto his work and to his labour until the evening.

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground. - We commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. - Study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands.
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest. - The night cometh when no man can work.
Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. - Always abounding in the work of the Lord forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
There remaineth ... a rest to the people of God. - Unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day. - This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing.
PSA. 104:23. Gen. 3:19. II Thes. 3:10. I Thes. 4:11. Eccl. 9:10. John 9:4. Gal. 6:9. I Cor. 15:58. Heb. 4:9. -Matt. 20:12. Isa. 28:12.

~Samuel Bagster~



No comments:

Post a Comment