Total Pageviews

Friday, July 1, 2016

Worthy Sayings of Great Christians

I asked God for strength and He gave me difficulties to make me strong. I asked for wisdom and God gave me problems to solve. I asked for prosperity and God gave me brawn and brains to work. I asked for courage and God gave me dangers to overcome. I asked for patience and God placed me in situations where I was forced to wait. I asked for love and God gave me troubled people to help. I asked for favors and God gave me opportunities. I received nothing I wanted. I received everything I needed. My prayers have all been answered.
~A. W. Tozer~
_________________

What sin was one hundred years ago will still be sin one thousand years from now. God never changes.
~A. W. Tozer~
________________

It is one thing to believe the Bible but something else altogether to allow the Bible, through the ministry of the Holy Spirit, to impact and change your life.
~A. W. Tozer~
_________________

Most people seem to have come to terms with an acceptance of religion if it does not have the Cross of Christ within it. They have predetermined to agree only upon tenets that will bring no offense to anyone. But when God calls out men and women, their faith will be an offence to the world. May God give us ears to hear and hearts to obey Him.
~A. W. Tozer~
__________________

It is simply not enough to know about God, we must know God in increasing levels of intimacy that lefts us up above all reason and into the world of adoration and praise and worship.
~A. W. Tozer~
_______________

God's Word is true whether we believe it or not. Human unbelief cannot alter the character of God.
~A. W. Tozer~
_______________

Only the servants of truth can ever know truth. You can fill your head full of knowledge but the day you decide that you are going to obey God, it will get down in your heart. He will illuminate your heart, and the truth you have known will then become known spiritually and power will begin to flow up and out and you will find yourself marvelously changed forever.
~A. W. Tozer~
_________________

The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
~George Owwell~
__________________

Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.
~Dietrich Bonhoeffer~
________________

The church that lacks power first lacks obedience. Until that is corrected we can hope for very little power in our churches. Obedience separates true faith from dead faith. It is costly but we cannot afford to withhold it.
~A. W. Tozer~
________________

Faith, as Paul saw it, was a living flaming thing leading to surrender and obedience to the commandments of Christ.
~A. W. Tozer~

No comments:

Post a Comment