Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

God's Goal In Speaking

"But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb and called me through His grace, to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood" (Galatians 1:15-16)


When God speaks to us, He always has something very specific to say. Never speaking in generalities, He has a goal in mind to reach the human heart. Using today's passage from Galatians as our guide, we can identify three clear objectives of God's speaking. God speaks because He wants us to: comprehend and understand truth; be conformed to and shaped by this truth; and be equipped to communicate truth to others.


In Galatians chapter 1, the apostle Paul used the example of his own life, pre-conversion and post conversion, as evidence of God's objectives. Beginning in verse 12, he explained how God first revealed truth to him through the revelation of Jesus Christ. This was the beginning of Paul's understanding of the truth.


Next, Paul wrote that, despite his advancement in the teachings of  Judaism, the Lord called him through His grace (verse 15). This was the beginning of a process that involved Paul being conformed, or shaped, to the truth.


Finally, we are given Paul's grace-filled account of the Lord's plan for his life. "God ... called me through His grace, to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles" (verses 15-16). Clearly, Paul received and embraced his call to communicate God's truth to others.


What better proof do we have of God's objectives being perfectly revealed and carried out in one believer's life?


Thank You, Father, for Your truth in my heart. Please use it to shape me to Your will, so that I may share Your truth with others. Amen


!Charles Stanley~

No comments:

Post a Comment