Total Pageviews

Monday, February 16, 2015

I Know the One Who Made This!

"But let him that glorifieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord." (Jeremiah 9:24)

I just listened today while we had our dinner to a sonata by Beethoven and it was beautiful. But I suppose it would have been more wonderful if I could have shaken hands with the great Beethoven and said, "It's an honor to shake your hand, sir. I consider you one of the greatest composers that ever lived - a genius!" It would have been wonderful.

And so with Michelangelo, the greatest artist of his day. Perhaps he would have called me by my first name and I could have called him by his first name. I would introduce him to my friends and say, "I'd like to have you meet the great Michelangelo." That would have been better than knowing his works. I have seen his tremendous sculpture of Moses, but it would have been better if I could have seen the man himself.

So let men turn their telescopes on the heavens and their microscopes on the molecules. Let them probe and search and tabulate and name and find and discover. I can dare to say to them, "I know the One who made all this. I'm personally acquainted with the One who made it."

I bow before You, great God, realizing the awesome privilege that is mine: the privilege of knowing You personally. Amen

___________________________________________

Our God Is Too Small

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." (Genesis 1:1)

I am positively sure after many years of observation and prayer that the basis of all of our trouble today, in religious circles, is that our God is too small.

When he says magnify the Lord, he doesn't mean that you are to make God big, but you are to see Him big. When we take a telescope and look at a star, we don't make the star bigger, we only see it big. Likewise you cannot make God bigger, but you are only to see Him bigger.

What is the most important verse in the Bible? It is not the one you think it is: "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and for ever" (Hebrews 13:8). Nor is it the other one you think it is: John 3:16, "For God so loved the world ..." The most important verse in the Bible is this one: "In the beginning God ..." (Genesis 1:1). That is the most important verse, because that is where everything must begin. God is the mountain out of which everything springs, and He is the foundation upon which everything rests. God is all in all.

Lord, I fall to my knees in worship before the God who is all in all, the great Creator and Foundation upon which everything rests. May I see you bigger today, I pray. Amen

~A. W. Tozer~

No comments:

Post a Comment