Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Nothing Can Hinder God

"Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God on this behalf" (1 Peter 4:16)

The essence of spiritual worship is to love supremely, to trust confidently, to pray without ceasing and to seek to be Christlike and holy and to do all the good we can for Christ's sake. How impossible for anyone to hinder that kind of "practice." As soon as our normal churchgoing religion is interdicted by government decree or made for the time impossible by circumstances, we can retire to the sanctuary of our own hearts and worship God acceptably till He sees fit to change the circumstances and allow us to resume the outward practices of our faith. But the fire has not gone out on the altar of our heart in the meantime and we have learned the sweet secret of submission and trust, a lesson we could not have learned any other way.

If we find ourselves irked by external hindrances, be sure we are victims of our own self-will. Nothing can hinder the heart that is fully surrendered and quietly trusting, because nothing can hinder God.

Lord, I know that nothing can hinder the worship of my heart except the coldness of my heart! May I remain "fully surrendered and quietly trusting." Find me faithful today, I pray. Amen

__________________________________________

God Did It!

"Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts" (Zechariah 4:6)

He says, "I will do it for you. Why do you worry? I will do it for you. I am God. I am Jehovah. I am your righteousness. I am your provider. I am your healer. I am your banner of victory. I am your shepherd. I am your prince. I am your everything."

If God is all this to us, then there is no reason why anybody should be downhearted in this hour. If God could make a world out of nothing, why can't He make anything He wants now for His people? God invites us to see Him work.

If we will unite our hearts and intentions and dare to believe it, we will see God begin to move a great strength and in great power. We will see coming down from heaven that which we so desperately struggled to bring in from the outside. We will see the great Go do it and then it will not be said, "This man did it," or "That woman did it." But we can all say together, "Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, saith the Lord of hosts" (Zechariah 4:6).

Lord, may I always dare to believe that You are more than enough to provide my needs. I ask You to do great works in Your world as I trust and watch. Amen

~A. W. Tozer~

No comments:

Post a Comment