Total Pageviews

Monday, July 20, 2015

Around The Throne of God

"The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne" (Revelation 4:10)

All of the examples that we have in the Bible illustrate that glad and devoted and reverent worship is the normal employment of moral beings. Every glimpse that is given us of heaven and of God's created beings is always a glimpse of worship and rejoicing and praise because God is who He is.

The Apostle John in Revelation 4:10-11 gives us a plain portrayal of created beings around the throne of God.

I can safely say, on the authority of all that is revealed in the Word of God, that any man or woman on this earth who is bored and turned off by worship is NOT ready for heaven.

Lord, revive my worship so that it may indeed be a foretaste of the worship I will enjoy for all eternity. Amen

__________________________

Bored In Heaven

"And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come" (Revelation 4:8)

I have been at funerals where the presiding minister preached the deceased right into heaven. Yet the earthly life of the departed plainly said that he or she would be bored to tears in a heavenly environment of continuous praise and adoration of God.

This is personal opinion, but I do not think death is going to transform our attitudes and disposition. If in this life we are not really comfortable talking or singing about heaven, I doubt that death will transform us into enthusiasts. If the worship and adoration of God are tedious now, they will be tedious after the hour of death. I do not know that God is going to force any of us into His heaven. I doubt that He will say to any of us, "You were never interested in worshiping Me while you were on earth, but in heaven I am going to make that your greatest interest and your ceaseless occupation!"

Controversial? Perhaps. But I am trying to stir you up, to encourage you to delight in a life of praise and spiritual victory!

May my worship on earth prepare me for the enthusiastic celebration that will be heaven. May I learn to delight in a life of praise. Amen

~A. W. Tozer~

No comments:

Post a Comment