Total Pageviews

Friday, July 3, 2015

Worshipers Out of Rebels

"For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light" (Ephesians 5:8)

Something wonderful and miraculous and life-changing takes place within the human soul when Jesus Christ is invited in to take His rightful place. That is exactly what God anticipated when He wrought the plan of salvation. He intended to make worshipers out of rebels; He intended to restore to men and women the place of worship which our first parents knew when they were created.

If we know this result as a blessed reality in our own lives and experience, then it is evident that we are not just waiting for Sunday to come so we can "go to church and worship."

True worship of God must be constant and consistent attitude or state of mind within the believer. It will always be a sustained and blessed acknowledgement of love and adoration, subject in this life to degrees of perfection and intensity.

Forgive me, Father, when I fall into the old pattern of darkness. May I remember that I have been made a child of light and consequently have every reason to worship You, not just when I go to church but throughout every week. Amen

_______________________________________

My First Priority

"I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord" (Psalm 122:1)

What are we going to do about this awesome, beautiful worship that God calls for? I would rather worship God than do any other thing I know of in all this wide world.

I cannot speak for you, but I want to be among those who worship. I do not want just to be a part of some great ecclesiastical machine where the pastor turns the crank and the machine runs. You know - the pastor loves everybody and everybody loves him. He has to do it. He is paid to do it.

I wish that we might get back to worship again. Then when people come into the church they will instantly sense that they have come among holy people, God's people. They can testify, "Of a truth God is in this place."

Lord, I pray that Your Church would discover a renewed passion for worship, that we would become a people who make Your presence known through our very actions, attitudes and presence in the world. Amen

~A. W. Tozer~

No comments:

Post a Comment