Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Worthy Sayings of Great Christians

On a tablet in a large church seating 1,000 people, this inscription was placed in memory of John Geddie: "When he landed in 1848 there were no Christians here; when he left in 1872 there were no heathen."

~Memorial to John Geddie, The "Father" of Presbyterian Missions in the South Seas.~
_____________________

From the day of Pentecost, there has been not one great spiritual awakening in any land which has not begun in a union of prayer, though only among two or three; no such outward, upward movement has continued after such pray meetings declined.

~Dr. A. T. Pierson~
_______________________

The more God's people reckon with the devil in their praying, the more they will taste of the liberty of the Spirit in dealing with the issues of life.

~F. J. Perryman~
__________________________

Lord, even demons are subject unto us in Thy name.

~The Seventy~
______________________

O hell, I see thee surging round;
But in my Lord a cleft I've found,
A solid, sure abiding place
From which my enemy I face,
As here with Thee at God's right hand,
I, on Thy Calvary-Victory stand.

~Unknown~
______________________

Should all the hosts of death
And powers of hell unknown
Put their most dreadful forms
Of rage or malice on,
I shall be safe; for Christ displays
SUPERIOR POWER and guardian grace.

~Isaac Watts~
____________________

"If the only prayer you said was "thank you" to the great God above, that would be enough."

~Meister Eckhart~
__________________________

"The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love."

~Meister Eckhart~
___________________

"Spirituality is not to be learned by flight from the world, or by running away from things, or by turning solitary and going apart from the world. Rather, we must learn inner solitude wherever or with whomsoever we may be. We must learn to penetrate things and find God there."

~Meister Eckhart~
_________________________

What a wonderful change
In my life has been wrought
Since Jesus came into my heart!
I have light in my soul,
For which long I have sought,
Since Jesus came into my heart!

~Rufus H. McDaniel~



No comments:

Post a Comment