Total Pageviews

Monday, October 15, 2012

Staying Young

Proverbs 16:31

I like the question once asked by Satchel Paige, that venerable alumnus of baseball: "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?" An honest answer to that question depends on an honest admission of one's attitude. It has nothing to do with one's age. As someone young at heart has written:

I have become a little older since I saw you last, and a few changes have come into my life since then. Frankly, I have become quite a frivolous old gal. I am seeing five gentlemen every day.

As soon as I wake up, Will Power helps me get out of bed. Then I go to see John. Then Charlie Horse comes along and when he is here he takes a lot of my time and attention. When he leaves Arthur Ritis shows up and stays the rest of the day. He doesn't like to stay in one place very long, so he takes me from joint to joint. After such a busy day I'm really tired and glad to go to bed with Ben Gay. What a life!

PS. The preacher came to call the other day. He said at my age I should be thinking about the hereafter. I told him, "Oh, I do all the time. No matter where I am - in the parlor, upstairs, in the kitchen, or down in the basement - I ask myself what am I here after!"

Five tips for staying young:

Your mind is not old, keep developing it.
Your humor is not over, keep enjoying it.
Your strength is not gone, keep using it.
Your opportunities have not vanished, keep pursuing them
God is not dead, keep seeking Him!

Remember, old folks are worth a fortune - they have silver in their hair, gold in their teeth, stones in their kidneys, lead in their feet, and gas in their stomachs!

~Charles Swindoll~

No comments:

Post a Comment