Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Great Faith


In today's devotional, I want to look at the third level of faith.  It is found in Matthew 8:5-10,

Now when Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, pleading with Him, saying, "Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, dreadfully tormented."  And Jesus said to him, "I will come and heal him."  The centurion answered and said, "Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof.  But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed.  For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me.  And I say to this one, ‘Go,' and he goes; and to another, ‘Come,' and he comes; and to my servant, ‘Do this,' and he does it."  When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, "Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!"

We saw in previous devotionals that the first level of faith is no faith, the second is little faith, and now the third is great faith.

Great faith says, "Lord, Your word is enough."  The centurion said, "Only speak a word."  He understood the authority of Jesus' words.  He said, "Jesus, all You have to do is say it.  You don't even have to come into my house.  I don't have to see anything.  Your word is all the evidence I need."

That is what great faith says,  "Lord, Your Word is all the evidence I need.  Things don't have to look differently and I don't have to feel differently.  Your Word is it. I don't need any other kind of confirmation.  It doesn't matter what the circumstances say. Lord, Your Word settles the issue for me."

That is great faith, and that is what we should be pursuing. 

~Bayless Conley~

No comments:

Post a Comment