Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Explore God's Word

"Thy word have I hid in mine heart" ( Psalm 119:11)

What a strange paradox! The atheistic freethinker rants and raves about the Bible being a "dangerous" book at the very same time that the Word of God is speaking life to my soul!

Strange indeed that some humans have the idea that the Word of God can only be approached with shivering fears. But that is true only of those who love their sin and hate their Saviour.

The blessed truth is that if I hate my sin and love my Saviour, l the Word of God is a wonderful revelation, indeed a trust-worthy guide.

We need to be aware always that if we do not keep the Word of God on our side, we will be miserable in our souls continually. It is up to us. What do we sincerely will to do with God and His revealed Word?

Years ago the saintly George Mueller said he had read the Bible hundreds of times, and then be added: "with meditation!"

Let us see to it that we read the Word. More than that, we should actually explore it!

Thank You, Lord, for giving us Your Word. I pray that it will not only illuminate my own heart, but I pray for those translating the Word into other languages so that it will illumine theirs as well. Amen

~A. W. Tozer~

No comments:

Post a Comment