Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 11, 2016

God Sets No Limit

"Let no man deceive you with vain words" (Ephesians 5:6)

Do you know that there are Bible "interpreters" now who believe they can set up rules as to how much we can have of God? However, the Lord Himself has promised that far as He is concerned, He is willing to keep the candles of my soul brightly burning!

So, my heart tells me to ignore the modern scribes whose interpretations, I fear, are forcing the Spirit, the blessed Dove, to fold His wings and be silent. I turn rather to one of Dr. A. B. Simpson's hymns rarely sung now, probably because very few believers have this experience of which he wrote:

I take the hand of love Divine,
I count each precious promise mine
With this eternal countersign -
I take - He understands!

I take Thee, blessed Lord,
I give myself to Thee;
And thou, according to Thy Word
Dost undertake for me!

Lord, fill me anew with Your precious Spirit. I pray that others will see You living in me today. Amen

~A. W. Tozer~

No comments:

Post a Comment