Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Our Life In Christ

"Thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ" (2 Corinthians 2:14)

Certainly not all of the mystery of the Godhead can be known by man - but just as certainly, all that men can know of God in this life is revealed in Jesus Christ!

When the Apostle Paul said with yearning, "That I may know him" (Philippians 3:10), he was not speaking of intellectual knowledge. Paul was speaking of the reality of an experience of knowing God personally and consciously, spirit touching spirit and heart touching heart.

We know that people spend a lot of time talking about a deeper Christian life - but few seem to want to know and love God for Himself.

The precious fact is that God is the deeper life! Jesus Christ Himself is the deeper life, and as I plunge on into the knowledge of the triune God, my heart moves on into the blessedness of His fellowship. This means that there is less of me and more of God - thus my spiritual life deepens and I am strengthened in the knowledge of His will.

Dear Lord, this morning and throughout this day, may there be more and more of You and less and less of me. Amen

~A. W. Tozer~

No comments:

Post a Comment