Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 26, 2019

A Curious Meditation # 4

A Curious Meditation # 4

There are three things which await me: a crown of righteousness, a palm of victory, and a throne of glory.

There are three things which shall be done for me: God shall wipe away all tears from my eyes, God shall remove all cause of pain and sorrow from my nature, and the Lamb in the midst of the throne shall eternally satisfy me.

There are three things which shall never be known by me: the frown of divine justice, the curse of holy Jehovah, and the power of God's anger.

There are three things which are hurtful to me: carnal ease, the flattery of professors, and fullness of bread.

There are three things which benefit me" temptation, affliction, and opposition.

There are three things which are pursued by me: to know more of the Lord, to live in peace with all men, and thorough sanctification.

satan tries to thwart me in three things:by spoiling my comforts, hindering my usefulness, and seeking to devour my soul.

satan has three things to expect: to be disappointed of his prey, to be judged by the saints, and to be eternally punished for his wickedness.

There are three things which I would never trust: my own heart, an arm of flesh, and my treacherous memory.

There are three subjects which I should never meddle with: the fall of the angels, the origin of moral evil, and how God will justify himself.

There are three things which I cannot understand: the nature of God, the cause of my election, and how divinity and humanity constitute one person.

There are three things which I should often think of: what I have been, what I now am, and what I shall be.

I am an heir of three worlds: the natural, the spiritual, and the eternal.

There are three things which comprise all I wish: to know God, and glorify Him, to see Jesus, and be like Him; and to be united to the saints, and be eternally happy.

There are three things which must come down: the pride of men, the devil's kingdom, and the cause of error.

There are three things which will stand: the house built on the Rock, the purpose of God, and the Messiah's kingdom.

There are three things which cannot be removed: the church of God, the covenant of grace, and the kingdom we receive.

Lost sinners are like satan in three things: their nature, their employment, and their end.

Three things make hell: the wrath of God, the stings of a guilty conscience, and black despair.

Christ fills three offices: a prophet - for the ignorant, a priest - for the guilty, and a king - for the depraved.

Christ has been in three states: ancient glory, deep humiliation, and merited dignity.

What more shall I say!

If you, reader, are a sincere Christian do three things daily: search God's Word, be much at God's throne, and be diligent in God's work.

If you are an unconverted sinner - do three things immediately: believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, repent of every sin you have committed, seek the witness and pledge of the Holy Spirit in your heart, so iniquity shall not be your ruin.

~James Smith~

(The End)

No comments:

Post a Comment