Total Pageviews

Monday, August 13, 2012

Giving Love

"And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all, just as we do to you" (1 Thessalonians 3:12)

How freely do you love others? Do you give love without needing or expecting love in return? While each of us desires love, it is far more rewarding to give rather than to receive.

In a note to a friend, Amy Carmichael wrote: 

"A few minutes ago I read words that sum up my desire for you: I Thessalonians 3:12, 'The Lord make you to increase and abound i love one toward another.' This poor world is a cold place to many. I pray that no one who comes to us may ever feel chilled here, but rather that all chilliness may melt, melted by the blessed glow of heavenly love. Don't let us ever be afraid to being too loving. We can never love enough.  So I pray, 'Lord, keep us free to love. Never let the slightest shade of suspicion to shadow any heart. Help each to think the best of every other. Through all the chances and changes of life, hold all together in tender love. Let nothing quench love. Let nothing cool it. Keep every thread of the gold cord unbroken, unweakened, even unto the end. O my Lord, Thou Loving One, keep my beloveds close together in Thy love forever.'

How you love others reflects the love you have for Jesus. Be patient in love, willing to receive little or no thanks for something you have done in love for another, and quick to forgive. Remember, no act of love, including forgiveness, is ever wasted.

Lord, help me remember that no act of love is wasted. Help me increase and abound in love. Amen

~Charles Stanley~

No comments:

Post a Comment