Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Never Alone

"At my first defense no one stood with me, but all forsook me. May it not be charged against them" (2 Timothy 4:16)

Most of us can identify with Paul's words in 2 Timothy. In fact, as we read them, we probably can sense the heaviness and thoughtfulness with which were written: "At my first defense no one stood with me, but all forsook me" (4:16).

Have you ever been in a position where you had to take a stand for something that you knew was not right, and no one was willing to stand with you? Maybe you had to say no to a project that was in the process of being developed. You knew that if things continued, the company you worked fr would suffer.

Or perhaps your son or daughter came to you and asked permission to do something you felt was not best. All the other moms and dads had said yes, but for some reason, you sensed that you should say no, and this is what you did. Suddenly, you were very unpopular.  Those who had once supported you now felt you were acting prudish and legalistic.

The Spirit of God leads us in the way we should go. Godly decisions require godly courage. From a human perspective, Paul was alone. No one was with him. But he was not alone. Jesus was beside him and with him.

You are never alone. Life's trials provide a wonderful opportunity for God to display His power and wisdom in your life. Be courageous and do not fear (Joshua 1:9). The Lord your God is with you, and He will give you strength, wisdom and victory.

Lord, I need Your courage in order to stand strong when I feel forsaken or alone. Let me not forget that my strength comes from You. Amen

~Charles Stanley~

No comments:

Post a Comment