Total Pageviews

Friday, April 3, 2015

The Source of All Power

"O Lord God, thou hast begun to shew thy servant thy greatness, and thy mighty hand: for what God is there in heaven or in earth, that can do according to thy works, and according to thy might." (Deuteronomy 3:24)

God is the source of all the power there is. There isn't any power anywhere that doesn't have God as its source, whether it be the power of the intellect, of the spirit, of the soul, of dynamite, of the storm or of magnetic attraction. Wherever there is any power at all, God is the Author of it. And the source of anything has to be greater than that which flows out of it.

If you pour a quart of milk out of a can, that can has to be equal to or greater than a quart.  The can has to be as big as or bigger than that which comes out of it. The can may contain several gallons, though you may pour out only a quart. The source has to be as big or bigger than that which comes out of it. So if all the power there is came from God - all the power - therefore, God's power must be equal to or greater than all the power there is.

Lord, why do we worry and fear so much when we are in the dear children of the One who has such power? Strengthen me today with the promise of Your power. Amen

___________________________________________

He'll Hold You Up

"For with God nothing shall be impossible. (Luke 1:37)

I cannot for the life of me see any reason in the world why anyone should be fearful and timid, saying, "I'm afraid I can't make it; I'm afraid God can't keep me." God can keep the stars in their courses and the planets in their orbits; God can keep all His vast display of might everywhere throughout His universe. Surely God can keep you!

It's like a fly perched on a seat in an airplane, moaning and trembling for fear that the plane can't carry its weight. That plane weights several tones and it has several tons of people and baggage on it. That fly is so light that it's impossible, outside of a laboratory, to even weight the little guy. And yet we can imagine him sitting there, flapping his little wings and saying, "I'm just afraid this plane won't hold me up!"

The great God Almighty stretches forth His broad wings and moves upon the wind. God will hold you up. He'll keep you if you turn yourself over to Him! He'll hold you when nothing else can; nothing will be able to destroy you.

Lord, I'm reminded of the words of Psalm 3:5: "I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the Lord sustained me." I'll rest calmly in Your power today. Amen

~A. W. Tozer~

No comments:

Post a Comment