Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Too Hard for God?

"Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?" (Jeremiah 32:27).

What does it mean to us, that God Almighty has all the power there is? It means that since God has the ability always to do anything He wills to do, then nothing is harder or easier with God. "Hard" and "easy" can't apply to God because God has all the power there is. Hard or easy applies to me.

God, who has all the power there is, can make a sun and a star and a galaxy as easily as He can lift a robin off a nest. God can do anything as easily as he can do anything else.

This truth applies specifically to the area of our unbelief. We hesitate to ask God to do "hard" things because we figure that God can't do them. But if they are "easy" things, we ask God to do them. If we have a headache we say, "Oh God, heal my headache." But if we have a heart condition, we don't ask the Lord about that, because that's "too hard" for the Lord! What a shame! Nothing is hard for God - nothing whatsoever. Nothing! In all God's wisdom and power He is able to do anything as easily as he is able to do anything else.

Lord, no matter where You lead me today or what circumstances come my way, I rest in the knowledge that there is no such thing as "hard" or "easy" with You. Amen

_________________________________________

I Change Not

"For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed." (Malachi 3:6).

To announce that you're going to speak on the immutability of God is almost like putting up a sign saying, "There'll be no service here tonight!" Nobody wants to hear anybody talk about it, I suppose. But when it's explained, you'll find you've struck gold and diamonds, milk and honey.

Now the word immutable, of course, is the negative of mutable. And mutable is from the Latin, meaning "subject to change." Mutation is a word we often use to mean "a change in form, nature or substance." Immutability, then, means "not subject to change."

Now there is in God no mutation possible. As it says in James, "with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning" (1:17) - there is no variation due to change. And there is also that verse in Malachi: "I am the LORD [Jehovah], I change not" (3:6).

Incidentally, He's the only One in the universe that can say that. And He did say it! He simply says that He never changes, that there is no change possible in God. God never differs from Himself. If you get a hold of this, it can be to you an anchor in the storm, a hiding place in danger. There is no  possibility of changing in God. And God never differs from Himself.

Thank You, Father, that despite my ever-changing world You are ever constant, my anchor in the storm. Amen

~A. W. Tozer~

No comments:

Post a Comment